Benjamin Knox, M.D.
Dr. Benjamin Knox was born in Baltimore, Maryland, and received his undergraduate degree from Dartmouth College. He obtained his medical degree at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and completed his orthopedic residency at the University of Pittsburgh. He then concluded his training with a fellowship in orthopedic spine surgery at the Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Dr. Knox limits his practice to orthopedic surgery and surgery of the spine, with special emphasis on conditions of the lumbar spine (lower back) and cervical spine (neck). He is board-certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and a member of the North American Spine Society.
Dr. Knox and his wife, Lisa, have two daughters, Abigail and Alexandra. In his spare time, he enjoys tennis, golf, and the bluegrass banjo as well as skiing and woodworking.
Available to see patients at our Johnson City location, Dr. Knox is dedicated to providing patients specialized care.
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
- General Surgery, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD
- Orthopedic Surgery, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA
- Orthopedic Spine Surgery, Carolinas Medical Center, Charlotte, NC
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Fellow
- North American Spine Society