James Goss, M.D.
Dr. Jim Goss, a native of the Washington, D.C., suburbs, graduated from The George Washington University in 1979 with a Bachelor of Science degree in geology. He spent a year playing professional baseball in the minor leagues and then returned as the head baseball coach at his alma mater for two years.
Dr. Goss spent nine years as a geologist between the Smithsonian Institute and U.S. Geological Survey before changing careers and graduating from the Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine in Richmond, Virginia, in 1992. He completed his postgraduate training in orthopedic surgery at The University of Tennessee – The Campbell Foundation in 1997.
Dr. Goss is a member of the Munsey Memorial Methodist Church with his two daughters, Nikki and Sherri.
Available to see patients at our Johnson City location, Dr. Goss is dedicated to providing high-quality patient care.
- Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, Richmond, VA
- Methodist Hospitals, Memphis, TN
- Orthopedic Surgery, The University of Tennessee – The Campbell Foundation
- Orthopedic Surgery – Spine, The University of Tennessee – The Campbell Foundation
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery