Outpatient Joint Replacement
Dedicated to meeting the orthopedic needs of our community and providing our patients with the most advanced treatment options for the best possible outcomes, our doctors currently offer outpatient joint replacements for the ankle, hip, knee, and shoulder for patients meeting specific criteria.
In this approach to joint replacement, the surgeon replaces the affected joint with an artificial joint and the patient is able to go home the same day as their procedure. Traditionally, a joint replacement procedure includes a hospital stay of up to several days.
Performed at an ambulatory surgery center, outpatient joint replacement procedures offer our patients the following benefits:
- Going home the same day your surgery is performed
- Lower cost compared to traditional joint replacement surgery
- Reduced risk of infection when performed in an ambulatory surgery center
- The ability to recover from the comfort of your own home
You may be a candidate for outpatient joint replacement surgery if you’re suffering from any of the following symptoms:
- Joint pain that disrupts necessary and daily functions, such as climbing stairs or walking
- Joint pain that prevents you from resting or restricts your mobility significantly
- Severe pain in the hip or knee that may keep you awake at night
Our outpatient joint replacement procedures are performed by our dedicated joint replacement experts. Our joint specialists have undergone extensive education and training, and they are highly skilled at performing the following outpatient procedures:
- Ankle replacement
- Johnson City, TN - Dr. Reagan Parr
- Hip and Knee replacement
To see if an outpatient joint replacement procedure is the right option for you, request an appointment online to speak with your doctor or call one of our five locations: Abingdon, Bristol – Hospital, Bristol Midway, or Johnson City.