Dedicated to meeting the orthopedic needs of our community and providing our patients with the most advanced treatment options for the best possible outcomes, our doctors currently offer outpatient joint replacements for the hip, knee, and shoulder for patients meeting specific criteria.
In this approach to joint replacement, the surgeon replaces the affected joint with a metal or plastic artificial joint, and the patient is able to go home after their procedure. Traditionally, a joint replacement procedure includes a hospital stay up to several days.
Performed at an outpatient surgery center, outpatient joint replacement procedures offer our patients the following benefits:
- Patients are allowed to heal in the comfort of their own home
- Reduced risk of infection from the hospital environment
- Save on costs from the shortened stay
You may be a candidate for outpatient joint replacement surgery if you’re suffering from any of the following symptoms:
- Joint pain that disrupts necessary and daily functions, such as climbing stairs or walking
- Joint pain that prevents you from resting or restricts your mobility significantly
- Severe pain in the hip or knee that may keep you awake at night
To see if an outpatient joint replacement procedure is the right option for you, schedule an appointment online to speak with your doctor or call one of our three locations: Bristol – Hospital, Bristol Midway, or Johnson City.