To help our patients experience improved strength and range of motion, our orthopedic experts at Appalachian Orthopedics remain committed to providing comprehensive bone, joint, and muscle care that meets their needs. By implementing the most advanced and state-of-the-art methods, our doctors and staff can help our patients receive the exceptional care they deserve.
Your doctor may recommend ultrasound-guided injections to manage pain if other conservative methods do not provide adequate relief.
By using ultrasound guidance, our doctors can take advantage of its capabilities using sound waves to visualize the joint, ligament, or tendon structure. This method provides real-time, clear images to improve the accuracy of your injections and, in turn, increase the effectiveness.
The Benefits of Ultrasound-Guided Injections
Features of our ultrasound-guided injection services at Appalachian Orthopedics include:
- Pain relief
- No exposure to radiation
- More accuracy and less risk
- Same-day injections
- Evaluation of tendon tears
At Appalachian Orthopedics, we offer our patients:
- Hip, shoulder, ankle, knee, and hand intra-articular corticosteroid injections for chronic pain
- Knee osteoarthritis viscosupplementation treatment
- Acute and chronic tendon injury diagnostic evaluations and ultrasound-guided injections
- Ultrasound-guided ganglion cyst aspirations and injections
- Ultrasound-guided rotator cuff and biceps tendon injections
To learn more or to consult with one of our experts about ultrasound-guided injections, please request an appointment online or call one of our four locations: Abingdon, Bristol – Hospital, Bristol Midway, or Johnson City.